DRESS CODE/UNIFORM ATTIRE AND GROOMING POLICIES
MIAMI LAKES K-8 CENTER IS A MANDATORY UNIFORM SCHOOL!
Dress Code: Board Rule 6Gx13-5C-1.031
Students are expected to come to school with proper attention having been given to personal cleanliness, grooming, and neatness of dress. Students whose personal attire or grooming distracts the attention of other students or teachers from their school work shall be required to make the necessary alternations to such attire or grooming before entering the classroom or be sent home by the principal to be properly prepared for school. Students who fail to meet the minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness and neatness as determined by the principal and as specified in this rule shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary measures.
|Grades: Pre-K, K, & 1||Grades: 2-5||Grades: 6-8|
|Colors: Red Polo shirt with the school name embroidered on the upper left side or red school t-shirt||Colors: Baby blue Polo shirt with the school name embroidered on the upper left side or baby blue school t-shirt||Colors: Navy blue Polo shirt only with the school name embroidered on the upper left side|
|Colors: Navy pants, Bermuda shorts or skorts||Colors: Navy pants, Bermuda shorts or skorts||Colors: Khaki pants or Bermuda shorts; No skorts|
Only Navy blue jackets without hoodies will be allowed for grades Pre K-8
Jeans will not be allowed and all pants must sit at the waistline. Pants must not be ripped, torn, baggy or marked.
Short skirts/shorts and oversized bottoms are not part of our uniform policy
- Shoes are to be worn at all times. No football/baseball cleats, clogs, thong sandals, or other shoes without back straps, tap shoes, high heeled shoes are permitted. Due to daily physical education, sneakers are highly recommended.
- All students must wear socks or hose.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed.
- Hats, caps, bandanas or sunglasses are not to be worn in the school building except for health / religious reasons or special events.
- Noisy, unsafe or distracting jewelry/chains are not permitted.
- Intentionally altering clothing, unbuttoned and ill-fitting garments are not permitted.
- Clothing shall be free of any suggestive or other inappropriate writing, advertisement, or art work.
- In accordance with the Miami Dade County Public Schools policy small earrings/studs may be worn. Hoops must not be larger than a nickel.
- Pants must sit at the waistline (No low rise jeans). Pants must not be ripped, torn, or marked.
Please check our MLK-8 P.T.S.A. website for more uniform sale information.