Miami Dade Education Informaton
- Miami Dade County School Registration requirements (Important for new student)
- Parent Portal
- Volunteer Information
- http://www.vpkhelp.org – Need VPK (Voluntary Pre-K) help or have any questions?
After school program
- Does your child need after school care? Y.M.C.A. – (305)357-4000
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
- On-line Free and Reduced Meal Application in the Parent Portal is available for parents to complete electronically.
- Instructions on how to access your free and reduced meal application are:
- Log-in to your Parent Portal.
- Click on the Free and Reduced Banner or on Service/Sites (left top side).
- Click on the Free and Reduced Meal Application.
- The Application will display.
- If your child was on Free or Reduced Lunch last year, you still must complete an application for the 2016-2017 school year. The deadline for completion is September 20th. The sooner applications are completed the quicker they will be processed, which may avoid delays in the issuance of approved benefits.
- Remember only one application is needed per household listing all students, or per foster child. Parents are responsible for payment of all meals until a meal application is processed and approved. Please remember that you can use PayPams which is located at PayPams.com.
- Parents are encouraged to complete the application on-line to expedite processing.
- All students have received an application at the start of the new school year.
Information for Parents – Initial Entry Kindergarten Registration Procedures
Students entering Miami-Dade County Public School should be enrolled by a parent or guardian. Prior to attending a public school in Florida for the first time, all students (PK-12) must present the following:
- A Student Health Examination (HD Form 3040), including proof of a tuberculin skin test, reading of the test, and appropriate follow-up
- A Certificate of Immunization (HD Form 680)
- Documentation showing proof of age- Birth Certificate
- Approved documentation for proof of address FPL Bill/Warranty Deed or Properly Executed Original Lease
- A completed Disclosure at Time of Registration form (FM-5740ESH)
- 2017-2018 MDCPS Calendar
- 2017-2018 Supply Lists and Grade Level Expectations
- A Parent’s Guide to How Common Core Tests are Different from FCAT?
- Competency Based Curriculum – K-12 correlated to the Sunshine State Standards and Grade Level Expectations
- Sample Items and FCAT Item Specifications
- Destiny – View our online library, check book availability, and view A.R. levels of books
- Atomic Learning Website: http://www.atomiclearning.com
Login Information for MDCPS Parents:
- www.starfall.com Where children have fun learning to read.
- Deluxe Phonics Kit
- Starfall Download Kit Perfect for home use.
- FCAT Explorer
- Animal Planet
- Discovery Channel Kids encyclopedia.com
- Smithsonian Museum
- Homework Helper
- Word Central
Login Information for tumblebook:
The Starfall learn-to-read website is offered free as a public service. Primarily designed for first grade, starfall.com is also useful for pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, and second grade.